ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The CEO is responsible for the success of the hospital through oversight and setting direction for strategy, operations, marketing, finance, nurturing culture, human resources, regulatory compliance, clinical operations of hospital, management of medical staff. Essential duties include: setting strategy, vision and communicating such effectively to motivate staff; capital allocation: business planning; financial stewardship; leverage industry trends, develop and maintain strong political and community relationships; build on the culture and development of management and staff to ensure the institution’s mission is accomplished…”Excellence in healthcare and well-being, putting people first”.
A highlighted summary of essential requirements include competencies such as interactive management; composure; building teams; developing and motivating others; strong physician relations; and organizational / regulatory savvy. Business and Leadership competencies include: action oriented; business acumen; ability to deal with ambiguity; results driven; high ethical standards; strategic ability.
The general requirements of the position included:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume / CV to Christopher Lackney, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not be entertaining nor accepting recruitment agency candidates or information.
- Master’s in Business Administration or Master’s in Healthcare Administration
- 5 plus years progressive experience in a senior level hospital operations position, hospital CEO or equivalent.
- Accomplished physician relations and understanding of physician practice management.
- Managed care experience, and knowledge in compliance and quality initiatives.
- High level understanding of regulatory issues and changes occurring at federal level and strategic ways to manage through them.
- Working knowledge of State of Vermont healthcare regulatory and political environment a plus.
- Very comfortable with community relations.